- Your property will sell faster: homes on the market for less than 4 weeks will sell 1% higher on average of the list price; 4-12 week sells 5% less; 13-24 weeks sells 6.4% less; and 24 or more weeks sell an average of 10% less; It is always better to have a “Sold” sign” than a “Price Reduced” sign in your front yard.
- You will have a greater return on your investment, i.e., equity (more money in your pocket);
- Your property will appeal to wider variety of buyers. Did you know that it takes only 15 seconds for a buyer to have an opinion of the property? The first impression is critical for a successful sale.
- You will have fewer showings. Staged homes average 7.6 days on the market; non-staged 30-42 days;
- Real estate agents are more willing to show a move-in ready property to their clients than one less prepared for sale. Some potential buyers will not be able to see beyond the clutter for the gem that is hidden underneath.
Up Next: Part 3: Appealing to a Buyer’s Senses
- Published in All Islands